A unique and indispensable addition to Canon’s series of EF lenses, the new EF 40mm f/2.8 STM offers an ultra-slim and lightweight design. Incredibly compact in size, the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM delivers high image quality from the center to the periphery thanks to its advanced lens configuration including an aspherical element, a bright 2.8 aperture, and optimized coatings that minimize ghosting and flare while providing exceptional color balance. The EF 40mm f/2.8 STM’s unobtrusive design helps the photographer avoid overwhelming their subjects with a large lens and to remain discreet in sensitive shooting situations with no compromise in performance. Its diminutive design is complemented by features such as a newly developed stepping motor for smooth and quiet continuous AF while capturing video with the Canon EOS Rebel T4i DSLR, a circular aperture (7 blades) for beautiful soft-focus backgrounds, and a short minimum focusing distance of only 0.98 ft./0.30 m.
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- STM Stepping Motor for Smooth, Silent AF
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Only 1 left in stock
SKU: 140-63102 Category: SLR Lenses Brand: Canon
MFR # 6310B002
MFR # 6310B002
- Ultra-slim and lightweight design.
- Aspherical lens element delivers high image quality from the center to the periphery.
- Advanced optical design enables a bright f/2.8, compact optical system at 40mm.
- Optimized lens coatings ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Built-in stepping motor provides smooth and quiet, continuous autofocus when shooting video with Canon EOS Rebel
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.98 ft./0.30m