If you’re looking for an outstanding grab-and-go lensthe kind you’ll keep on your camera for nearly every situationcheck out the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR. Optimized to draw full potential from Nikons high-resolution DX-format image sensors, it delivers beautiful ultra-sharp photos and videos with softly blurred backgrounds. Its versatile 7.8x zoom range (18mm to 140mm) lets you shoot everything from wide-angle family portraits to telephoto close-ups on the sports field. 4 stops of VR image stabliization means sharper handheld photos and video, especially when shooting in low light or at maximum focal length. You can even get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject for macro-style close-ups!
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 27-210mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/38
- One Aspherical Element, One ED Element
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR II Image Stabilization
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
Only 1 left in stock
SKU: 320-02213 Category: SLR Lenses Brand: Nikon
MFR # 2213
MFR # 2213
- Compact all-in-one DX-format zoom lens that goes from wide-angle (18mm) to telephoto (140mm) for great snapshots and videos in just about any situation.
- Designed to draw peak performance from Nikon’s new high-resolution image sensors.
- VR image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and videos in low-light situations and at telephoto distances.
- Get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject, then zoom in for dazzling macro-style close-ups.
- Superb NIKKOR optics, Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass for better contrast and Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing.
- ED (Extra low Dispersion) and Super ED Glass – ED Glass is an optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain
optimum correction of chromatic aberrations. Super ED glass exhibits an even lower refractive index and lower light dispersion than ED glass, while excelling at
eliminating secondary spectrum and correcting chromatic aberration.
- Vibration Reduction – A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature
the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor – AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikons Silent Wave Motor (SWM). This technology converts traveling waves into rotational energy to focus the
optics. This enables high-speed autofocusing that’s extremely accurate and super quiet.
- IF Lens – A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for
compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- A-M – A-M stands for Auto-Manual Mode. Thanks to a mechanism incorporated in the lens barrel, smooth focusing operation in Manual focus mode is realized in the
same way as users have become accustomed to with conventional manual-focus lenses by adding an appropriate torque to the focus ring.
- Super Integrated Coating – Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon’s term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- AS – This type of lens utilizes non-spherical surfaces on either one or both sides of the glass in order to eliminate certain types of lens aberration.